Friday, February 15, 2013

Why photography?


Schopenhauer said the "aesthetic experience is the calm amidst the chaos, peace, or the temporary release from the unrelenting grind of desire." 

I've always loved photography I realized my junior year of high school that I wanted to be a photographer. I was obsessed with photography blogs. I would scroll through photo blogs for hours. It was ridiculous. I loved seeing through others eyes. My junior and senior years of high school were not my favorite. I graduated early because I was so ready to get out of there. Photography helped me see the good things that are in the world.

There was an article in a New Era a few years back the title was something like “Overcoming Shyness” and there was a picture of a girl with a DSLR in her hand. I found that really funny. The article was about finding your strengths. People would tell me I was quiet or shy and it would drive me crazy. I’ve loved college because I pretty much never get told that. Maybe that’s because people are nicer and take the chance to get to know me ha. I don’t know. I am a more reserved person. I like to observe which to me, is a big part of being a photographer. I shoot manually. I love being able to be completely in control of all the camera settings so that it turns out just how I like. 

 I’m so grateful for all of the many people who have helped me get where I am today. Only one more “like” on facebook until I get 150! I remember getting so excited when I hit 25 “likes”. I can’t even believe it. I’m so grateful for those of you who take the time to look at my work.
We’ve had such a beautiful world created for us. I so badly want to photograph everywhere, but I don’t think that is possible. Every place is so different. It would be easy to find something beautiful every single place. I’ll try to just capture the good wherever I am for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment