Saturday, July 20, 2013

Reflector


Another year of college is coming to a close. Every four months I like to analyze my life and reflect on myself. We never ever quit learning. Even Michelangelo said at 87 "I'm still learning." Each semester there's always some kind of new challenge. You can just scroll through the pictures and skip these words if you'd like. This will contain more details of my life than you might care to know.
Even though this was fifth semester not living at home it really hit me that I'm becoming more  of an independent adult. There were experiences where I had to take all care of myself and my car all alone. This semester was really the loneliest.
Man, I really missed my sister and one of my best friends. Family is the best. I'm so glad I was able to be at byui with her for three semesters. (She's the one in red pants in this post.) It's so nice to always have someone to do something or nothing with. The best thing about family is they love you no matter what. I hadn't realized how much I relied on her until this semester. At the beginning of June I tripped and fell on my run. It didn't even hurt much. Thought it wouldn't even be a big deal. I don't know how kids deal with skinned knees all of the time. Mine got infected and hurt like crazy. It looked disgusting and scary. I may or may not have broke down having to limp back and forth to the store to pick up antibiotics and gauze by myself. There were lots of tender mercies during those weeks though. It was the best when there was someone to talk and walk with to campus to distract me. Then a few weeks later I got to take my car in to get the battery replaced. Lots of realizations this semester that I'm really an adult now ;) I'll not be a teenager in about three weeks. I'll be twenty. 

I don't know about you, but I love to make little goals for myself that I can keep. A year ago I made a goal not to buy pop tarts and I've kept that goal! Ha ha. This semester I ate more vegetables than any other semester. Frozen peas are the best:) Another silly goal I made was to keep more to myself with my roommates. Usually I think I drive them nuts telling them too much about guys from classes or whatever ha ha, I definitely succeeded at that goal. It's kinda odd to not really be friends with anyone you live with except one. In a way it's really good though. I don't double check with them on any decisions I make or ask them what they think I should do. I make my decisions completely on my own. 

Many great things happened this semester! I definitely got out of my comfort zone. Have you heard this song? I've kinda lived by it from the beginning of the semester and really don't regret it at all. It's fun to surprise yourself doing things you didn't think you would ever do such as: going up to an extremely good looking stranger because you need someone to be in your final portfolio. We Bought a Zoo is my most favorite move ever. I used my twenty seconds of courage;) What's the worst that would happen by taking a chance? They would say no and you'd still be strangers and I'd just pretend I still didn't know them when I passed them, or I'd make a cute new friend. You can't get an out come if you don't bother to ask so, why not?

The other day I finally got the courage to figure out my grad plan. Being a college graduate has always been a little daunting to me, but I went and did it and feel just fine! Ha ha. It's weird to see an end in sight. I'm at the half way point. The two years I've been here have gone so fast so I'm going to do my best to enjoy the time I have left. Exactly two years from now I'll have a Bachelors in Studio Art with a Minor in Communications.


No comments:

Post a Comment