Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review 2013





2013 is about over! Crazy. I often think it’s still 2012. I'm really looking forward to 2014! It's going to be a great year. The number fourteen is a good one:) Good thing I periodically do review posts of my life. This year was really good because I frequently put myself out there. My main goals were to be positive, brave, and to just be happy.

Notice how the majority of the photographs from this year are from an ipod or cell phone? (Follow me on Instagram! @kayliecon) The saying “the best camera is the one with you” is true, but I can't help but feel a little guilty. When I actually have a good camera I should be using it for my own life! I purchased my camera upgrade, the Nikon D7100! I'm really excited. It's just like when I bought my Nikon D3100. I baby it so much at the beginning I'm afraid to use it. Now I have two babies;) ha ha. Now this coming year my goal is to take good quality pictures of my own life with my 3100. I even received a good purse for Christmas so I can carry it around with me all the time. I used to be afraid of being the annoying photographer that takes pictures all the time. Being annoying is worth the pictures though!

My life that is completely irrelevant to photography:
This year started by living at home during my off track from byui. I lived in Brigham City from Jan-mid April which meant little social life. It was full of: finishing my cute duck quilt that was started in ninth grade, more quilting, and I learned to knit cute scarves. Then I took many visits to Brigham Temple, Rexburg friends, and my sister in Bountiful.

Spring semester started mid-April and my smoothie obsession started. I survived two semesters without two of my best friends with me at school. I love weekly letters! Had a class with a high school friend, scarred my knee, and ended the semester pulling a brave crazy move. This year I’ve been able to be a Family History TA on campus! It’s the best part time job.

During the seven week break I worked full time, commuted three hours a day (starting 2014 that way too). Played on weekends and watched almost the whole series of Sabrina the teenage witch every night. My family got their first puppy! I used to say I hated all dogs. Now I love my family’s dog. It’s adorable!

Fall Semester turned out to be great! It had a really rough start, but turned out to be quite wonderful. One of my best friends and I had a class together every single day. It was so fun to not fall behind on each other’s lives. Plus we absolutely hated one of the classes we had together. Most of the class period was spent on instagram and pinterest;) I’m quite happy with the grade I got out of that class with too! I survived the beginning of the semester through separate visits from my mom and sister. Made more funny memories at a place we didn’t live. My apartment dressed up as cowgirls for Halloween. I miss being able to get away with wearing braids! Lots of walks to campus were taken. I quite enjoy walking! For the first time in at least six years I voluntarily threw a party!  Enjoyed hanging out with all the many friends I’ve been blessed with! This semester I was one of the ward greeters! It was the best calling ever! Camden apartments have been my favorite place to live. The people there are all so nice and mature, but still fun! My roommates were great. They were all so kind and all told me they were glad I moved in. I honestly couldn’t imagine apartment 8 without me! Ha ha. No matter what we all end up where we’re supposed to be.

Now I’m home again! I’m starting the year with my family. We sold our house! We’re working on finding one. The most important part of my life is my family. I’m so blessed to have such a great supportive family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment